Monday, November 26, 2007

Captive Audience

I work on the 8th floor of a building with different companies on different floors. I ride the elevator daily and see the same people over and over. Many of them have known me or about me for several years but nobody had either noticed or didn't care that I have been losing weight. Finally while riding the elevator yesterday with several people, the receptionist from the 7th floor turned to me and asked me how much weight I have lost. When I told her, the conversation began - how, when, where, how do you feel. When the elevator stopped, I know there were many questions left unanswered. People within my company encourage me on a daily basis and tell me I'm getting tiny (fat chance of TINY in my future) but to get noticed by someone outside of my daily circle and asked questions is a milestone for me. I enjoy sharing my story and letting people know about the MGB option. I hope the door has been opened to many more questions.

No comments: